Planet Networking Gigabit Switch 10/100/1000Mbps 16 Ports GSW-1601
Cost-Effective Gigabit Solution for Enterprise Backbone and Data Center Networking:
PLANET GSW-1601 provides 16 RJ-45 10/100/1000Mbps ports for high-speed network connectivity. It can automatically identify and determine the correct transmission speed and half / full duplex mode of the attached devices with its 16 Gigabit ports that support 9K jumbo frame feature. Therefore, the GSW-1601 can handle extremely large amounts of data transmission in a secure topology linking to a backbone or high-power servers.
The GSW-1601 provides high performance switch architecture that is capable of providing the non-blocking switch fabric and wire-speed throughput as high as 32Gbps, which greatly simplifies the tasks of upgrading the LAN for catering to increasing bandwidth demands. Besides, the Flow Control function of the GSW-1601 enables routers and servers directly connect to the Switch for fast and reliable data transfer.
All RJ-45 copper interfaces of the GSW-1601 support 10/100/1000Mbps auto-negotiation for optimal speed detection through RJ-45 Category 6, 5 or 5e cables. It also supports standard for auto-MDI/MDI-X that can detect the type of connection to any Ethernet device without requiring special straight or crossover cables.
Excellent Traffic Transmission:
The GSW-1601 supports Store-and-Forward forwarding scheme to ensure low latency and high data integrity, which eliminates unnecessary traffic and relieves congestion on critical network paths. With an intelligent address recognition algorithm, the GSW-1601 could recognize up to 8K different MAC address. The high data throughput and 32Gbps internal switching fabric makes it ideal for most Gigabit environments, especially when network upgrades to a Gigabit environment.
- Complies with IEEE 802.3, 10Base-T, IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX, IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T Ethernet standard 16 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Features Store-and-Forward mode with wire-speed filtering and forwarding rates.
- Hardware based 10/100Mbps, half / full duplex and 1000Mbps full duplex mode, flow control and auto-negotiation.
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for full duplex operation and backpressure for half duplex operation.
- Integrated address look-up engine, supports 8K absolute MAC addresses
9K Jumbo packet support.
- Automatic address learning and address aging.